In the blog post, Caution: How Not to be of the World, we talked about how taking our focus off of Christ can divert us down a road we never intended to drive. But, by keeping our eyes on the Lord, nothing can take us down. Nothing can shake us. Nothing can keep God away. He sees us and is right next to us. We can learn how to believe God and not the World.
And when we do, God will stand next to us and walk us right up to the purpose of our life. Finally, we can stand before purpose and to grab hold of it.
When we keep our eyes on the Lord, when we keep him at our right hand, we won’t be shaken. (Psalm 16:8)
We won’t be shaken, because we are who God says we are. And, we will be who God wants us to be – as we trust him.
God defines us. God made us. And, God makes us. He answers and he fulfills his promises.
God is greater than the words and messages of the world that are here today and gone tomorrow.
- Talking heads waste their words, because rely on the living active Word.
- “Keeping up with the Jones” loses its power, because God’s our ultimate Superpower.
- Never having enough is a thing of the past, because God is more than enough.
We don’t need to believe half-truths, when we have “the Truth”.
- The world says you are less than, God says you are a child of the most high King. (Psalm 82:6)
- The world says you need power, God says you need Him. (1 Peter 5:7)
- The world says you need to conform, God says to be transformed. (Romans 12:2)
- The world says you should find pleasure, God says to find treasure. (Matthew 19:21)
- The world says to take for you; God says to give of yourself. (Matthew 19:21)
- The world says to seek beauty above all; God says to love him above all. (Luke 10:27)
- The world says be happy and fulfilled, God says die to self. (Luke 9:23)
- The world says take all you want, God says take up your cross. (Luke 9:23)
- The world says live for today, God says live forever. (John 3:16)
When we drive down the freeways of the world, we end up in dark depressing neighborhoods filled with pain, shame and regret. God wants to lead us in truth and light. He wants us to rush into his arms, to collide with his truth and to cruise in life safely.
He has plans that are so much greater than the world’s plans for us. He has big plans. But if we are so distracted with the signs of the world, we will miss the highway to him. We will miss the joy that is him. We will miss the peace that is him. We will miss the life that is him. We will crash.
He wants all of you. He loves all of you. He has big plans for all of you. Give all of yourself to Him.